top of page

Commercial Pilot Licence

A Commercial Pilot Licence is what every aspiring pilot needs to work in the Aviation Industry as a pilot.

When you've achieved your CPL, there are countless possibilities for employment such as:

  • Joy Flights

  • Charter Flights

  • Agricultural Crop Dusting

  • Aerial Survey

  • Search and Rescue

A CPL is the gateway to achieving your career goals.

3 Step Process

Full time, Part time, or casually... your choice




When training a new pilot to a commercial standard, it is important to prepare them for the industry and their first job.


So we train to the same expectations of our professional charter pilots.


We also teach attributes we look for when employing pilots such as safety, efficiency, attention to detail, professionalism and customer focused service.





There are 7 separate theory exams set by CASA which must be passed to assist with training and before a flight test is conducted.

You can choose to attend our facilitated theory classes operating throughout the year to provide a well structured learning environment, and for preparation to sit the exams.

You can also self study the course material at home.





After completing the required flying and theory, you will be ready for the flight test.

The test is conducted by a Flight Examiner and will include both an oral questionnaire and a practical flight component.

Once you pass the flight test, you will be ready for find your first job in the industry and earn an income as a professional pilot!


CASA Requirements

Flight Time & Experience (Non-Integrated)

CASA require that you have, as a minimum:

  • 200 hours total aeronautical experience that includes:

  • 190 hours of flight time as a pilot

  • 100 hours of flight time as a pilot in command

  • 20 hours of cross-country flight time as pilot in command

  • 10 hours instrument time

  • 5 hours instrument time in an aircraft

Total aeronautical experience includes all flying that you have conducted, be that training for RPL, PPL, flight friends and family recreationally or training for additional ratings or endorsements such as Night VFR IFR.

ALL of these hours are logged towards your Commercial Pilots Licence.


CASA require that you hold a valid Class 1 Aviation Medical

bottom of page